Originally started through crowdfunding, Benebone has become very popular and I can speak from experience, that my dogs love them! Made in New York of USA-sourced nylon with the flavor from real bacon, peanuts, and chicken; they are durable and highly addictive! Starting with their ‘wishbone’ shape, they have since branched off into several different models and flavors. Check out the original bacon Wishbone here.
I agree with the top reviews on Amazon that all of the Benebone products are durable even for the heaviest of chewers. They come in several sizes so be sure to select the one that is appropriate for your dog.
- Very durable. Will provide a very long ‘chew time’ even for big dogs.
- Made using Real Flavors from real bacon, peanuts, and chicken.
- Come in a variety of shapes and sizes to appeal to any dog.
- Can be too hard for some dogs. Make sure you select the correct size and monitor your dogs usage of this product.
- Cost. They can be more expensive than other nylon toys, but consider the size and amount of engagement your dog will get from Benebone versus another nylon product.
Overall, these toys are great for all sizes of dogs, just be sure to select the correct format.
Another great nylon product Made in the USA is from Nylabone.
There is a reason that the Nylabone website starts with “For Every Reason To Chew, There’s A Nylabone”. This long-standing company makes hundreds of products for heavy chewers. Treats, bones, toys, and chews; they make it all. All sizes, shapes, and flavors, you will find a Nylabone product that your dog will find irresistible.
- Comes in every combinations of size, shape, and flavor you can imagine.
- Products for all states of life (puppy & adult).
- Covers all price ranges, from value to premium.
- Can be overwhelming to find the ‘right’ product. Be sure to use their Custom Product Finder on their website.
- Scent can be weak or fade quickly. Some reports from these toys say that the scent can be weak. Be sure to keep the package sealed until ready to share with your pup!
Overall, the track record of this company is stellar and they are sure to have a toy to exactly match your dogs engagement level, but don’t stress over finding the perfect toy; use their product search feature to find a few your dog will like!
West Paw designs and manufactures their toys in Bozeman, Montana. Their in-house team carefully designs and tests their toys to ensure they will be loved, and loved for a long time. They come in fun colors and are environmentally friendly, and non-toxic. They have an ever-expanding list of toys available and all kinds of fun an innovative shapes.
- Fun, colorful, designs. Very unique shapes for fun and stimulating play.
- Good size product range for a lot to choose from specific for your dogs play style.
- Money back, or product replacement guarantee.
- Some reports of quickly destroyed toys. Be sure to take advantage of their guarantee.
- Limited availability – mostly independent pet stores, but check for them on Amazon.
Overall, West Paw is a highly engaged company that puts a heavy emphasis on creativity and ensure long play time with their fun and durable products. Contact them if – for some reason – your dog destroys the toy quickly.
Brent-Wood Products has introduced small to extra-extra large Bow Wow dog houses. They are made from upcycled wood, and built in Los Angeles. The image above is their Palo-Alto model. Using the sizing guide on their website in the link above, or call them directly at 800-400-7335 and they will help you select the right house for your dog.
- Made in the USA using upcycled wood.
- High-design models built buy hand.
- Direct customer service number to plan your house with a consultant.
- Limited retail outlets to see models and order in person. Check out their website for the list of retailers.
Overall, this custom product will provide a stylish and spacious outdoor home for your dog.
Buying American has many benefits including ensuring that jobs are created and stay in our economy. That also has the secondary benefit of keeping money in communities where those people live. By creating products and adding value to physical goods that we modify and build here, we are increasing our GDP, a measure of our global competitiveness. Everything that we build and keep in our country reduces our reliance on importing foreign goods. When someone in your community builds a product, you know they will stand behind it and offer a high level of service after the sale. You can also know that they are aware of the components of that product and there is an increased likelihood that the output is safer than an unknown product.